Monday, October 11, 2010

Switching up the Menu

So Trixie has been super picky which is not at ALL what I've experienced with dogs in the past. Usually, you pick up the food dish rattle the kibble in the bowl, and the dog is going nuts, bouncing off the walls! Not Trixie....Trixie usually checks out the food dish, samples it, and doesn't even touch it till later in the day. She's been eating Castor and Pollux puppy food. It's a chicken based food and shaped like little hearts (although I swear that is NOT why we bought it)
Anyway, I called up the breeder today because I think I have an anorexic dog...she suggests changing the food. So we now have a bag of Orijen's puppy mix (which if the breeder is reading, I looked it up on dogfoodadvisor.com and it got a 5 out of 5 star rating!)

We put her usual heart shaped food on the ground (we're training her right now with potty training, but we usually use a stainless steel bowl) with little bit of this new Orijens stuff. And OMG I've never seen my dog eat food so readily like that before. In fact, she sniffed it all out of the pile. I think we have a winner. Below is the photo of what she left for us....what she deemed unfit to eat. Notice how there are no round pieces in that pile.
This just goes to show you that dogs don't give a crap if their food is heart shaped...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment