Thursday, December 23, 2010

On the Road Again...

Today we drove from San Francisco to Paso Robles, about a 3 hour drive. We decided to take the scenic route, Highway 1. (I don't recommend it as it takes twice as long and the roads are SUPER curvy. You could get sick.) I've just discovered Yelp and on this particular morning, we were starving and looking for a good breakfast place in Santa Cruz. We know nothing about Santa Cruz except that it has a pretty cute boardwalk and that UC Santa Cruz is home to the Banana Slugs....super scary mascot, I know.

Yelp helped me discover the Harbor Cafe. It had outdoor seating so it was already favorable on our lists. I was reading reviews, reading things like "get the burrito" or "don't go on weekends" when all of the sudden I spotted these words....DOG MENU! SOLD!!!!
Yes, this restaurant has an honest to God 'dog menu' which Trixie DID order off of. If you're curious, she got the bully stick because we KNOW that she can have them. I think we were most happy when the waitress dropped off our waters, picked up Trixie's bowl with bare hands, and brought it back full. (Trixie also got her food before us.....service for dogs=amazing, service for humans=pretty good!)


No comments:

Post a Comment