Thursday, December 9, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Trixie...

Trixie went to my show today. It's called "Is There Room In Your Heart?" and is about being homeless. It's also a benefit for those who are in need. Some of the proceeds are going to various shelters throughout NYC as well as to Sylvia's Place, an organization that helps GLBT teens and young 20 somethings. Ok, enough plugging....

This is the photo board outside my show.
Question; Notice anything strange about this photo???
If your answer is "Trixie has a headshot", then you are correct.....yep, Trixie is in a show with me. And quite the hilarious story it is on how she got 'discovered'.

She actually had to go to the doggie emergency room on our opening night and I missed my call time. She had swallowed a piece of bone that was too big for her tiny little throat. The vets said that she was fine but that we should monitor her....just great, seeing as I was supposed to be on stage and Aaron was out of state on business. I ended up bringing her to my show and she chilled out in the green room with the actors. Everyone loved her except for one person who "doesn't like animals, period!" Even the allergy people liked her.

The play ran smoothly and Trix was an angel. The next morning, I had received 3 text messages, a phone call, AND an email from the creative team members. Each one wanted to ask me if Trixie would be in the show....

So now my baby's a star. She's loving show business so far. All she does is sit in her travel crate, listen to live music, and she gets fed pieces of apple....what could be better than that?!
See? Trixie fits in with all the actors in the green room.



No comments:

Post a Comment